Archive for 'Studio News'
2012 has been a wonderful year! I would love to send a giant thank you to all my 2012 clients, without you I would not be able to do what I love. I can’t begin to count the amount of wonderful, generous people I had the opportunity to work with this year. It has truly been a blessing. This year I’ve photographed most in the Portland Merto area but also as far as San Diego, CA and New York City, NY. It’s been such a wonderful year photographing people get married, make babies, grow their family and then send the kids off to college. Thank you to all who have invited me to be a part of life!
As a small thank you to my clients for yet another wonderful year I’d love to offer up to 30% off gift products from now until October the 26th. This will be the last opportunity to place any orders for 2012, if planning holiday gifts this would be the time! Please see the details below or Click HERE to order online.
Left: 6 weeks | Middle: 13 weeks | Right: 20 weeks
20 weeks… and counting!
I suppose it’s more personal, but when you run your own business it baby effects work timing too. I’m really excited to share the news with my online friends! I am officially 21 weeks along, due Nov 13th. I was trying to think of what I would be writing here online; keep it simple? share some details? I’ve decided on settling somewhere in-between.
Somedays pregnancy feels all consuming, others it seems like a distant expectation much like Christmas. It’s coming, but it’s still so far away no need to plan yet. What has been surprising is how many people are concerned with how I’m doing. Truth be told, I’m feeling pretty great! My first trimester was filled with exhaustion, hunger and food aversions. Luckly, I wasn’t sick-sick like some. The exhaustion was quite hard because I don’t enjoy feeling weak. I had just begun training for my first half marathon and couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting any faster or stronger. WHY was I becoming winded after walking a flight of stairs?! Ah-ha! Pregnant.
The food aversions were and still are tricky, generally I’m a person who knows what she wants, when she wants it. I got me some opinions. However, these days I know I’m hungry but haven’t the slightest idea what I want to eat, I just know I need it N.O.W. I call it crippling hunger. That’s still happening well into my second trimester. I’m less “starving” and more weak.
All in all, my husband Josh and I are taking it in stride. We are thrilled, excited, nervous, happy… to meet our little one. We will be having baby at the Midwifery clinic through OHSU and have been going through the group pre-natal care with 10 other couples. We have made a few preparations for the little one… but many more still need to be made. With the help of Josh we’ve been documenting my growing belly progression. It’s funny to look back at 6 weeks… I thought I was already showing. Boy am I in for a surprise.
Just a note for my clients… I will be taking a few months off after baby is born. At this point I’m not setting any exact dates but ask if you are thinking of scheduling later in the year I would plan for early fall. Please think about holiday orders early this year as I’ll be enjoying my new addition over the holidays.
I also thought it might be fun to share a few pregnant resources I’ve come across. There are so many out there it’s quite overwhelming!
- We are having our baby here. And I’m interested in learning more about waterbirth.
- Nursery inspiration here, here, and mine here
- Hysterical pregnancy blog. I send Josh articles from here because her writing is SO funny.
- Baby + Design blog
- Maternity clothes… so far I love ASOS free shipping and return shipping. I just got these and love them. I also love these. I also got some fantastic shorts at H&M Maternity. Small selection but affordable and super cute.
- Books, books, and more books.
- Registry suggestions from her and her
- And don’t forget to work out.
Now I’ve got to figure out who will be photographing my maternity and newborn…!
Welcome to the Senior Rep Program for the class of 2013! Senior reps are chosen on a very limited basis.
Apply today! Applications Closed! Thank you all who have applied!
- A current Junior who will be graduating in 2013!
- Outgoing and friendly
- You are involved in extra curricular activities
- You love to be photographed!
How it works:
- Free Boutique Senior Photo session
- Free makeup before your session
- Be the first of your friends to be photographed!
- Get the exclusive options for this years hot locations
- Earn discounts on all the latest and greatest photo products!
- Apply online here! Deadline for applications… HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!
We will be choosing max 10 reps for this year at 2 per a school. Don’t wait– spots fill up fast! Fill out you application online here and forward to your friends at different schools!